Click the link below to hear the Daniel Song!



Daniel Song For Beth Moore Bible Study


Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 


The TOP 13 Rock Guitar Solos of All Time





13…. Beatles -- Let It Be (album version)

Most appropriate.... fits perfect



12. Neil Young -- Powderfinger

Great Harmonics!




11. REO Speedwagon -- Keep On Rollin'




Nobody plays like Gary.....




10. Joan Osborne -- One Of Us

Most Haunting riff!




9. Eddie Money -- Two Tickets For Paradise

Great tone and sustain....




8. Eagles -- Take It Easy

Most fun to play :)




7. Alman Brothers -- Ramblin Man

Best clean guitar tone solo...




6. Pat Benetar -- Promises In The Dark


Could have used several from Neil.... first time I heard one of their songs I was in shock! "How'd he do that????"




5. Pink Floyd -- Us And Them

These guys were incredible (and the album was on the top 50 for about 25 years)




4. Lynyrd Skynyrd -- The Breeze

The ultimate for how Rock n Roll is suppose to sound




3. Stevie Ray Vaughn -- Texas Flood

One long guitar solo with some lyrics scattered in it :)




2. Bachman Turner Overdrive -- Roll On Down The Highway

These guys should be placed in a time capsul







And the #1 Rock Guitar Solo.....

















Free Bird.

20 mintues long..... classic... it gets no better than this one! :)



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
















Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Comments:
Very creative concept for a T13 list! My husband would be all about this - he's a huge music aficionado and constantly tries to engage me in debates about the best drum solos, best female rock vocalists, best engineering, etc. I'm unfortunately not very much in the know about such things.

My T13 is up :)
 
Kewl! I loves me some geetar.

#1 made me bust out laughing... and pull out my lighter.

I'm surprised that no Clapton made the list. One of my all time favorites, The Core, running about 10 minutes long, must qualify on some list. Maybe next week...

Here's my saucy TT.

13ish life-influencing books
I would read again if I weren't so lazy

 
I don't know what the big deal is...I can play all these on my washboard;-)

Excellent list...welcome to Thursday Thirteen:-)
 
it may be corney, but I always thought the guitar rif in Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive was pretty good. It took me a while to learn it and get good at it. :)
 
Great list! Happy Thursday ;).
 
"Free Bird"? I actually heard it once.

Let it Be, no doubt. Ramblin' Man is good. BUT (and it's a big but) Where's Eric Clapton's solo on "Sunshine of your Love" or "White Room"?

I would have included Leslie West on "Mississippi Queen", Jimi Hendrix on "Voodoo Chile", and Steve Howe on "The Clap".

Neil who?

Maybe next week you can do the 13 best jazz solos.

Good fun.
 
I agree with you guys..... I should have squeezed Clapton in there somewhere. Jimi is great obviously.... just never one of my favorites :)

Neil Giraldo.... guitarist and husband for Pat Benatar.

Probably should have been a Bon Jovi song on there too.... Richie Sambora is awesome!
 
Great list.. I grew up listening to all of those, with my Dad :)

I like your background music too. :)

Happy Thursday.
 
Awesome list! I'd definately agree with most of these. At one of the radio stations I worked for in college whenever we (the DJs) needed a bathroom/dinner break we'd play "Freebird"!

While not a huge country fan, I enjoyed the song playing in the background, too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?