Click the link below to hear the Daniel Song!



Daniel Song For Beth Moore Bible Study


Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

Still Kicking

Well..... It's been a tough week. Was in Dallas all week evaluating some potential software when I started trying to pass a Kidney Stone. It was last Tuesday night when the pain hit. Nausia, PAIN, dizziness, PAIN, fever and chills PAIN, and PAIN. The spells would last a few hours and then subside. I "dealt" with it from Tuesday through Friday and finally flew home Friday morning. I didn't really know what the problem was because it had my whole digestive track shut down. And I have a medical history that causes concern in that area.

So I made the flight home and ended up in the Hospital Friday night. Sunday morning they ran a CAT Scan (I'm certain that's how you spell it:)) ..... and the stone was found. To big to pass on it's own. So they "retrieved" it Monday afternoon. Actually, even though the idea of the retrieval was not especially appealing, I was REALLY glad to be done with this thing.

I had lots of prayers, phone calls, and friends that came by to see me in the hospital. That really ment a lot to me. I know the value of time in all of our lives, and it means a lot to me when people take time out of theirs to try to comfort me.

Janice was a trooper, as always. She stayed each night at the hospital and took great care of me. I think she's almost as glad to have me home, as I am to be home :)

You know.... we're almost done with this new CD..... and it's going to have a song on it called "God Might Choose A Mule" (to get hold' of you)..... written by Angela. I'm thinking about writing one called "God Might Choose A Stone". It's amazing what some downtime, visits with friends, and a surgery can do to get hold' of a person.

God saw me through it. It's his will for me to be here a while longer. I praise him for a time of healing.

Comments:
Yep, we're all glad you are home...and that even though it probably hurt enough that you wished the Lord would call you home:-) He didn't.

I was going to harrass you if you hadn't posted today, because I know people want to hear from you so I'm glad you did.

Did you get to save your stone as a souvenier of your visit? If you wrote that song, we could name the CD after it and have a pic of the offending calcium deposit on the cover;-).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?