Click the link below to hear the Daniel Song!



Daniel Song For Beth Moore Bible Study


Thursday, March 09, 2006

 

Another Week Away

Well..... I flew to Houston last Sunday evening. Phase 3 of the software evaluation. For a guy who is used to that quality recliner with remote in hand time........ it's always tiring. You're with a group from your company... the company your evaluating has a group. You get up bright and early every morning.... and do something with the group every evening. And you always have to be "on game".

Being on game all the time is tiring in and of its self. But there was a bright shining moment that made it all worth while this trip. Several of us went to the Houston Livestock and Rodeo on Tuesday night. They say it's the largest rodeo in the world.... and we're in Texas so I suppose it has to be that way. But it was a fun evening. It is being held at the Reliant Center. The new dome in town. Fair going on outside, food, games, excitement...... and the rodeo going on inside the dome. We saw the bull riders, barrell riders, clowns, and wagon races etc. Our seats were excellent and it was a very good crowd.

But. the VERY VERY best part was the fact that on Tuesday night the musical entertainment was John Fogerty. You're saying WHO??? Well, he was the singer for Creedence Clearwater Revival. (late 60's).

I remember my mom's younger sister trying to tell my mom and dad about Creedence Clearwater Revival. And that they were going to be on American Bandstand in about 30 minutes. She couldn't get my parents to understand that this was not a religous group. With a name that had Revival in it.... they had to be a gospel group you know. But when they saw Creedence it finally clicked for them. I was about 10 years old... and I just remember thinking "Bad Moon Risin" was the coolest song with the best sound I had ever heard. I didn't understand the politics of the song layed against the Vietnam War and all that.... but the music, and that SOUND was incredible in my mind. I mean it was FINE ART!

I can testify that John Fogerty is as sharp now as he was when he was toping the charts. He played all the lead guitar parts dead on. His vocal was incredible, and the years have not dimished his performance in any way. His energy level would have left many younger men heaving for a breath (including me). He has a super backup band behind him.... and they played a string of hits from the Creedence days that just left me smiling. One right after the other for about an hour and 20 minutes. For an hour and 20 minutes, nothing mattered. I just smiled and sang with the rest of the crowd.

Proud Mary, Bad Moon Risin, Up Around The Bend, Heard It Through The Grapevine, Travelin Band, Who'll Stop The Rain, Have You Ever Seen The Rain, Fotunate Son, Down On The Corner..... just to name a few......

I enjoyed this show as much as any I've seen in many years. Well.... Bob Dylan was pretty hard to top for me, but this was an excellent show. :)

But the best news is..... I'M HEADED HOME TOMORROW EVENING!

I'll try to post in a couple of pictures I took......







I wanna know..... Have You Ever Seen The RAIN






Comments:
I think you should have jumped up there and played some, too...you know those songs and there was probably a spare guitar back there somewhere...:-)
 
Yep..... He's paying that band to travel with him. I'd probably pay him for the opportunity :) To be on stage playing "Who'll Stop The Rain" with John Fogerty.... that'd be worth a few hundred dollars :)
 
As long as you're back every second and fourth Saturday....:-)
 
Hi Ken,

I am Guy Muse, IMB M in Ecuador. I tracked your blog down from Rick Thompson's where you and James Hunt are in an excellent dialogue about various matters relating to missions. I would have written you directly via email but was unable to find an address for you.

I went ahead and posted a second comment to answer the rest of James' questions. It is important to me that you know what it is we are doing overseas. If we aren't doing the right things, we need to know it.

On a different note, I loved your John Fogherty post! I too am from that era (a few years older than you) and a huge music fan (see my profile!) all my studies have been in music and spend enormous amounts of time with music of all types. Even as I comment, I am enjoying the gospel tune playing in the background. Is that you? You guys have a real nice sound! Who is the female voice? What you have with your recording studio is my dream! Maybe the Lord will get us one for our mansion up in Heaven!
 
Hello Guy...

It is us playing in the background. That's a preliminary mix of one of the songs that will be on our next CD. The lead singer on that one is the fiddle player in the picture on my blog. I've been rotating different songs through there as we finish them.

It'a nice to hear from you... and I appreciate the compliments :)

God has blessed us with a pretty nice home studio.

Fogherty was really fun. I had not seen him live before, so it was one of those memory moments for me.

Nice to visit with you.... I'm not a great blogger but I try to write something now and then... and keep a fresh song on the site :)

Talk to you later!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?